Friday, April 11, 2008
Ensemble Nobile
What a concert!!! As part of the 60th birthday party for Israel, the American-Israel Cultural Foundation has brought the five person Baroque group, "Ensemble Nobile" to Florida for a series of concerts. We were lucky enough to be in one of the places they performed - Gainesville!!! What a group. Consisting of viola da gamba, baroque violin, harpsichord, soprano and mandolin they played early 17th Century Venetian synagogue music, Venetian gondola music, Vivaldi and a variety of other music. They were outstanding. Perfect ensemble, stunning individual performances and winning stage presence. During the reception after, they all proved to be totally delightful people to talk with and share ideas with. To boot, the gambist is also a master luthier who made all the instruments (except the harpsichord). And what a sound they all had! I don't get to many concerts because I'm too busy playing them myself (and as a self-supporting musician, who has that kind of money?). I'm sorry you couldn't all be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment