Thursday, April 3, 2008

GCO Concert Week

I'm in the throes of concert week for the Gainesville Chamber Orchestra. First rehearsal was last night and we worked on Gershwin's "Cuban Overture" and the 1812 Overture. Tonight will be a mixture of stuff for the children's concert tomorrow morning - Harry Potter, ET, Snow Maiden, and similar stuff. Then, after more rehearsals Friday night and Saturday morning, we do an outdoor Pops concert in the downtown Plaza (Gainesville, of course) which is free to the public.

The other big news is that we have decided to join cousin Jerry and his wife at the Scor! Adult Music Camp in Rochester, NY in July. A busman's holiday, to be sure, but it should be fun. I rarely get to play any chamber music just for fun anymore and I should get three good days of it. My wife and partner is also very excited since she doesn't have much chamber music in her cello background and this will fill a real need. More to come on this one.

No comments: