Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busier

Today has been busier than yesterday. Five lessons, all spread out. One of them was a group lesson taught by my wife and partner in the studio (Cello Power) and our performing group (Duo Cellissimo). The group is three little boys (only two today) and is a real kick. She does a great job with them and they love it. My last lesson is 8-9 (coming up) and he's a great guy. I love my job!!! Teaching is really amazing. There is hardly a lesson where I don't learn something new from my students or the process of finding different ways to explain the same thing until it is fully understood. Over the years, I have become a better cello player from teaching (not to downrate practice - also extremely important - duh!). I really think everyone should seek out opportunities to teach something to someone.

No comments: